Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mayne Island Fall Fair

The parade began with the a member of the RCMP and the Pender Island Scottish band leading the way. I thrill to the sound of the bagpipes.

Mayne Island quilters proudly wear their creations.

The Home Hardware float.




TOPS is the local weight lose program.

Adorable frogs dance down the street.


Mayne Island's biker gang.



The Mayne Island Thrift Store were you can find treasures for pennies.

Youthful defenders of the forest. Their message heard loud and clear, "Save our trees."

Mayne Island's Recycling Station -- the message isn't lost in the fun.

(the sign reads: Per islander per year)




Our youth keep moving: hockey, baseball, tennis and basketball.


Village Faire a cafe at the ferry dock.




Inside the Agricultural Society Hall displays of antiques accompany juried art, crafts and gardening.
I found my favorite entries.

I had a fun day at the fair. Now I'm home safe and sound. However, sadly, a different fate befell my husband.
What can I say? He's a drummer.
(Please don't worry. I'm only kidding. Actually, Mayne Island's Gaol is one of BC's oldest non-operating Gaols. It now houses our museum.)

No comments: